8oz diced smoked Tasso
8 oz diced Chorizo sausage
8oz diced Andouille sausage
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 large minced onion
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 cup chili sauce
1 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp cumin
4 Tbs honey
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large heavy bottom pot heat 2 tbs oil and add sausage.
2. When meat has begun to sweat out add onions and garlic. Sweat until aromatic.
3. Add tomato, chili sauce, oregano, cumin and honey. Bring to a simmer.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes then allow to cool.
5. Reserve and heat when needed.
Recommendation: the chili is best when left for a day or two to allow the flavors to really macerate, and it only gets better with time