Need a last minute dessert idea for your New Year's Eve festivities? This sweet treat comes together so quickly it gives new meaning to the phrase "easy as pie"! And it's so delicious that your fellow party-goers won't even notice how healthy it is!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounce package silken tofu
- 1/2 cup maple syrup 1 cup natural peanut butter 1 9-inch premade graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate-covered pretzels (Trader Joe’s carries vegan chocolate covered pretzels)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. (I fill a small sauce pan with water and then place another pan that’s about the same size on top. I turn the burner on low and stir constantly.)
- Mix the melted chocolate, tofu, maple syrup and peanut butter in a food processor or high speed blender until all ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Pour the contents into the crust and refrigerate for a few hours, until the filling is firm.
- Sprinkle the pretzels over the top of the pie and gently press them down into the pie filling, so they won’t fall off when you slice it.
- Slice and watch it disappear!
Happy New Year!