This festive twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie is sure to please your friends and family this holiday season. I made a giant batch of them last weekend when Team Hot From the Kettle baked up holiday treats at Williams Sonoma and they were eaten in record time!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 regular-sized candy canes, crushed
- ¾ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together oil, sugar, soy milk and vanilla extra in a large bowl.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until just incorporated. If the dough seems too dry, add a little more soy milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Leave 1 1/2” between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden on the bottom and around the edges. Remove the cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.